Monday, June 30, 2014

It's Worth a Thought

So I'm trying an experiment at the moment and I'm finding it to be a rather interesting one.  I have decided that I am going to take a notebook and start handwriting a story.  I haven't done this kind of thing in a very long time.  But there is a kind of method behind the madness actually.  Basically the idea is that I am going to write the whole story by hand.  sure it'll take a while, but I think it will be worth it.  I won't be able to backspace which is a good thing.  I'll just have to take it as it goes.

Basically the idea is that I'll write up the whole story and then after it's finished I will type it up and that way I can edit it as it goes.  At least that is the hope.  We'll see how that actually goes in the end.  It's way too early in the process to decide if this will actually work or not.  I think the key to all of it is to make sure that I don't abandon it like I have done the sacred notebooks, at least for the time being.

Most people do not know of the existence of the sacred notebooks.  No, they're not some kind of relic or anything like that.  It's actually one of my oldest stories that I still have.  Unfortunately, I lost a lot of my writing from middle school due to an unfortunate incident involving a neighbor and the police that I prefer not to go into.  And for a while it seems like I really didn't write very much because I can't seem to find many things from my freshman year of high school though that could also have had to do with moving twice within two years.

The earliest story that I still have lurking around these days it the sacred notebooks.  They're falling apart and in serious need of finishing, but it was the start of me taking fairy tales and stories and twisting them to how I want.  Which is honestly what I do when I write.  I love the twists and turns.  And as a good friend, who also writes, very recently told me, we all have something that makes our stories unique.  Something that we throw in no matter what genre we're writing.  I'd like to think that is what I do.  Of course there is probably more to it, but I'll have to figure that out as time goes and I write more.

And I fully intend to write more.  Who knows, maybe one day I'll even finish the story contained within the sacred notebooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment